The range of actuators that makes the heaviest handlings lighter
- Feb 08, 2022
- heavy industry, linear actuators, metallurgy, mining industry, steel industry, steel plant
STEEL PLANTS AND MINING INDUSTRY
MECVEL ELECTRIC SYSTEM’S ADVANTAGES
Since 1987 MecVel designs and manufactures electric linear actuators and screw jacks, constantly updated according to market requests, also thanks to a customization service able to offer tailored solutions according to handlings required by any application in the heavy industry. These devices transform the rotatory motion of a motor into a linear movement, allowing to lift, position, push or pull any load up to 200.000 N (20 tons). Moreover the electric system used leads to several benefits, as for example the possibility of working under any difficult condition avoiding any frequent maintenance. In addiction with electric actuators there is no need to use any external components as compressors, pumps, tubes and valves, this excludes the risk of contamination due to oil leaks.
FOCUS ON THE HEAVY INDUSTRY
MecVel configures its range to offer high-performing products suitable for the heavy industry and in particular steel and mining plants. The main handlings supplied by electric linear actuators in these fields are:
• Raising/lowering of bulkheads and walkways, to make easier the passage from one point to another both for staff and raw/finished material
• Automated opening/closing of furnaces in casting processes, diverters and air valves to separate the flow of fumes, dust, raw or finished material and to regulate the ventilation system
• Control of fluids inside pipes, to keep pression and flow within a safety level through a fast and accurate opening or closing of valves
• Regulation of conveyor belts height according to the kind of product to transport, up to the handling of the whole machinery
MECVEL PRODUCTS FOR STEEL AND MINING INDUSTRY
MecVel HRS series is the perfect solution to be used in critical environments and harsh applications, as it is characterized by great resistance, providing at the same time low friction and minimum wear, for a long life of the whole system. The standard structure of a screw jack is matched with typical electric linear actuator components, as a series of mechanisms and internal guides and an external cover tube made of steel in order to protect the screw from dust, water and other external agents. This allows also the mounting of limit switches, and offers a better support in case of buckling. Moreover, thanks to the choice of high-efficiency gear boxes, performances of the most powerful screw jacks are furtherly increased, reaching 200.000 N (20 tons) of load capacity.
The flexibility of MecVel range allows to find always the best solution for each application, offering the linear motion desired and the duty cycle optimization through perfecly balanced products, able to combine reliability, efficiency and strength.
Comments are closed.